Best Travel Guide Singapore
Singapore, a small island nation in Southeast Asia, is known for its bustling cityscape, beautiful gardens, and diverse culture. The city-state offers visitors a lot, from outdoor activities to food and drink experiences, to shopping and entertainment. In this ultimate travel guide, we will explore the top things to do in Singapore, divided into different categories so you can plan your itinerary accordingly.
Hike above the city
Despite being a densely populated city, Singapore has several beautiful parks and nature reserves where visitors can hike and enjoy stunning views of the city skyline. Here are some of the best places to hike in Singapore:
● The Southern Ridges: This 10 km trail connects several parks and nature reserves, including Mount Faber Park, Telok Blangah Hill Park, and Kent Ridge Park. The trail offers panoramic views of the city skyline and the harbor.
● MacRitchie Reservoir Park: This nature reserve has several trails that lead through the forest and around the reservoir. Visitors can enjoy bird watching and spot wildlife like monkeys and monitor lizards.
● Bukit Timah Nature Reserve: Singapore's largest nature reserve has several hiking trails leading to the summit of Bukit Timah Hill, the highest point in Singapore. Explore Singapore’s natural heritage Singapore also has several parks and gardens that showcase the country's diverse flora and fauna. Here are some of the best places to explore Singapore's natural heritage:
● Gardens by the Bay: This award-winning garden features several themed gardens and the iconic Supertrees, towering vertical gardens that light up at night.
● Singapore Botanic Gardens: This UNESCO World Heritage site is home to over 10,000 species of plants, including the famous National Orchid Garden.
● Jurong Bird Park: This bird park is home to over 5,000 birds from 400 species, including the world's largest walk-in aviary.
Be inspired by art
Singapore has a vibrant art scene, with several galleries and museums showcasing contemporary and traditional art. Here are some of the best places to experience art in Singapore:
● National Gallery Singapore: This museum houses Southeast Asia's most extensive public collection of modern art, with over 8,000 works from Singapore and the region.
● ArtScience Museum: This museum at Marina Bay Sands features exhibitions that blend art, science, and technology.
● Gillman Barracks: This contemporary arts cluster has several galleries showcasing local and international artists.
Get in on the action
Singapore has plenty of attractions for adrenaline junkies, from theme parks to water sports. Here are some of the best places to get in on the action in Singapore:
● Universal Studios Singapore: This theme park at Resorts World Sentosa has several rides and attractions based on popular movies and TV shows.
● Sentosa Island: This island resort has several attractions, including the S.E.A. Aquarium, Adventure Cove Waterpark, and the Skyline Luge Sentosa.
● Marina Bay Sands Skypark: This observation deck on the 57th floor of Marina Bay Sands offers stunning views of the city skyline.
Make new friends in the neighborhood One of the best ways to experience the local culture in Singapore is to explore the different neighborhoods, each with its unique charm and character. Here are some of the best neighborhoods to explore in Singapore:
● Chinatown: This neighborhood is home to several historical landmarks, such as the Sri Mariamman Temple, the oldest Hindu temple in Singapore, and the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.
● Little India: This neighborhood is known for its colorful buildings and bustling markets, such as the Mustafa Centre, a 24-hour shopping mall.
● Tiong Bahru: This hipster neighborhood is known for its art Deco architecture, trendy cafes, and indie boutiques. Ignite your taste buds at a hawker center
Singapore is a food lovers paradise, with diverse cuisines available at the many hawker centers scattered throughout the city. Hawker centers are open-air food courts where visitors can sample various dishes at affordable prices. Here are some of the best hawker centers to try in Singapore:
● Maxwell Food Centre: This hawker center is known for its famous Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice, famously endorsed by celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain.
● Old Airport Road Food Centre: This hawker center is popular among locals and visitors for its wide range of food stalls, including traditional Chinese desserts, and Malay and Indian cuisine.
● Tiong Bahru Market: This hawker center is a favorite among foodies for its innovative stalls serving fusion cuisine, such as prawn noodles with a Japanese twist.
Sample world-class cocktails Singapore is also known for its vibrant cocktail scene, with several bars and speakeasies offering innovative and creative cocktails. Here are some of the best places to sample world-class cocktails in Singapore:
● Atlas Bar: This bar is known for its extensive gin collection, with over 1,000 bottles worldwide. They also serve classic cocktails and their signature Atlas Martini.
● Manhattan Bar: This bar at Regent Singapore is known for its award-winning cocktails inspired by the Golden Age of cocktails in the 1920s and 1930s.
● Tippling Club: This bar is known for its progressive and experimental cocktails, with unique ingredients such as algae and ants.
Seek thrills with the family Singapore is also a great destination for families, with several attractions and activities for all ages. Here are some of the best places to seek thrills with the family in Singapore:
● Singapore Zoo: This zoo is known for its innovative and immersive animal exhibits, such as the Fragile Forest and the Rainforest Kidzworld.
● KidZania Singapore: This indoor theme park is designed for children to experience different careers and professions in a fun and interactive way.
● Universal Studios Singapore: This theme park is a favorite among families, with several rides and attractions suitable for all ages.
Hunt for inspired curios Singapore is also a great destination for shopping, with several markets and boutiques offering unique and inspired trinkets. Here are some of the best places to hunt for inspired trinkets in Singapore:
● Haji Lane: This narrow street in Kampong Glam is known for its independent boutiques selling fashion, accessories, and art.
● Chinatown Street Market: This market is known for its traditional Chinese crafts, such as calligraphy, pottery, and lanterns.
● Dempsey Hill: This trendy shopping destination is known for its boutiques selling unique home decor, furniture, and antiques.
Peruse world-class brands Singapore is also a shopping paradise, with several malls and districts offering world-class brands and luxury goods. Here are some of the best places to peruse world-class brands in Singapore:
● Orchard Road: This shopping district has several malls, such as ION Orchard and Ngee Ann City, offering luxury brands and high-end fashion.
● Marina Bay Sands: This integrated resort is known for its luxury shopping mall, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, featuring brands such as Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and Prada.
● VivoCity: This mall is one of the largest in Singapore, offering a mix of international and local brands and dining and entertainment options.
Get wheels on the go
Exploring Singapore on wheels is also a great way to see the city, with several options, from bicycles to electric scooters. Here are some of the best ways to get wheels on the go in Singapore:
● Singapore Bike Tours: This guided tour allows visitors to explore the city's landmarks and neighborhoods on a bicycle.
● Electric Scooter Rental: Several companies offer electric scooter rental services in Singapore such as Beam and Neuron, allowing visitors to explore the city at their own pace.
● Segway Tours: This guided tour offers visitors the chance to ride a Segway, a two-wheeled self-balancing personal transporter, around Marina Bay.
Accommodation that you would love to stay
Singapore has several accommodation options, from luxury hotels to budget-friendly hostels. Here are some of the best hotels or accommodation options to stay in Singapore:
● Marina Bay Sands: This iconic hotel and integrated resort offer stunning views of the city skyline, harbor, and luxury amenities such as an infinity pool and a shopping mall.
● The Fullerton Hotel: This heritage hotel is housed in a beautiful colonial building, offering a unique blend of history and modern luxury.
● Backpacker Hostels: Singapore also has several budget-friendly hostels, such as the Inn Crowd Hostel and the 5footway.inn, offering affordable accommodation in the city center.
Singapore is a diverse and exciting destination with much to offer visitors. Whether you're looking for outdoor activities, cultural experiences, food and drink, shopping, or entertainment, Singapore has something for everyone. By following this ultimate travel guide, you can plan your itinerary and make the most of your trip to Singapore.
Singapore is a major hub for air travel, with several airlines offering flights to and from the city. Here are some of the best flights to take in Singapore:
● Singapore Airlines
Singapore Airlines, the flag carrier airline of Singapore, offers flights to over 60 destinations worldwide. The airline is known for its excellent service, comfortable cabins, and inflight entertainment.
● Cathay Pacific
Cathay Pacific is a Hong Kong-based airline that offers flights to and from Singapore and connecting flights to other destinations in Asia and beyond. The airline is known for its comfortable seats, excellent food, and inflight entertainment.
Emirates is a Dubai-based airline that offers flights to and from Singapore and connecting flights to destinations in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The airline is known for its luxurious cabins, excellent service, and inflight entertainment.
● Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways is a Doha-based airline that offers flights to and from Singapore and connects flights to destinations in the Americas, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The airline is known for its comfortable cabins, excellent food, and inflight entertainment.
Scoot is a budget airline based in Singapore that offers flights to several destinations in Asia, Australia, and Europe. The airline is known for its affordable fares, comfortable seats, and inflight entertainment options.
When booking a flight to Singapore, it's important to compare prices and check for any airline promotions or deals that may be available. Booking your flight well in advance is also a good idea to secure the best fares and seats.